Have you ever met someone who is so creative that you literally know that they are capable of creating anything? A person whose creative energy is so intense that you are virtually held captive as you watch them work? That is the exact way I felt the first time I was invited into Lizanne Shaver home. It was a cold winter morning and her office was stocked full of priceless fabrics strewn throughout the open room. There were faux fur hand bags in one stack, little girl’s couture skirts in another; and in yet another leather table skirts for a sample sale the next day. She walked me through her studio in a creative frenzy of excitement and I knew she was someone who has exactly what it takes to accomplish what ever it is her heart desires.
Naughty by Nature: The organic twig chandelier in the Sun Room pulls the outside in and unites the two spaces.
Lizanne Shaver is wife to Brad and mommy to Mary Hunter (15), Pierson (13) and Liam (11).She describes herself as a “lacoste” girl, traditional since she was eight years old. All that and more, she still like’s to “funk it up,” and to be “a little bit naughty in life.” A little over ten years ago, she started Lizanne Shaver Design. Originally focusing on drapery, she quickly moved into accessories. Nine years ago, she started the company Loop de Loops, bringing preppy fabric belts to stores like Fred Segal, Snappy Turtle and Nordstroms. Today, Lizanne Shaver Design is pushing forward with custom interior design, furniture re designs and just about every way to make her clients home’s uniquely theirs.
- Functionality: Furniture should move with in the home. It should be easily transported and reused with in the home as necessary.
- Art: Lizanne is ALWAYS obsessed with art. She has an impressive track record of identifying emerging artists and has built a valuable art collection honing in her talent. The collection is showcased throughout her home.
- Objects: She is in love with the way “that one object” can transform a room. Look though out her home for perfectly placed coral and figurines and you will immediately understand the visual impact that such small additions can make to a room.
- Neutral Palettes with Color Bursts: She believes in starting with neutral tones and then adding back in bursts of strong colors. Right now she is loving silvery tones as the perfect foundation for adding color bursts. The neutrals make the perfect backdrop for making fun changes seasonally.
“It’s like a mood ring. What colors can you make POP and make it unique and your own.”
- Add Seasonal Fun: Lizanne love’s to accent her home with pieces that are reflective of the current season. Presently, she has a love of coral and has it placed throughout the home in such a way that one cant help but dream of future beach trips and afternoon cocktails by the pool.
- The Client/Family: As a designer she becomes obsessed with the family for whom she is working. Identifying and fulfilling there needs.
The Shaver’s personal residence is the perfect reflection of Lizanne’s attention to detail, to a deeper knowledge of design concepts and to the unique aesthetic that identifies her.
The Impact Of the Entry
The Parlour Room
The richness of the front parlour room is highlighted by the custom hand painted bronze paint and pastel panels. The Capiz shell chandelier adds ambiance and a feeling of lightness. The Flokati rug balances the weight and brings warmth and coziness to the space.
The girls portraits by acclaimed artist Eloise Gamble literally pop off of the walls.